Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2010

The Outlaw is looming?

Hi, my name is Triathlon Trev ! 

I started this blog as over the years since I started to do triathlon, it has become my passion and overtaken my life (as it has for many - don't tell the wife!)

People come to Triathlon from many different backgrounds.  Me, I came from a marathon running background, the minority I know!!!  Wish I had been a swimmer!  Never mind a cyclist!!

All I know is that it is addictive?  Are you addicted??? 
So addictive in fact, that I had to start a blog about it - and soon a complete website dedicated to it.....watch this space.

So my name is Trevor, and I AM Triathlon Trev to everyone and anyone who knows me.  It has officially taken over my life (and others... but more on that later!).

I aim to give you my Ironman training experience over the next 6 months whilst I lead up to THE OUTLAW.  The Outlaw will be my second Ironman - the first one (as it is for many UK triathletes), Sherborne was my ultimate ambition.  In 2007, I completed the Sherborn UK Ironman in 14 hours, 6 minutes and 7 seconds - I had no set time to achieve this in - just wanted to be alive when I crossed the finish line.  I would definately say that I was alive - my wife who was waiting at the finish line might tell you different.  Was I green, did I pass out shortly after - it is all vicious rumours.......

No matter how I felt afterwards, the feeling of actually doing it and completing it was HAPPINESS, PRIDE, ACHIEVEMENT AND THE  MOST FAMOUS WORDS - YOU ARE AN IRONMAN...  Doesn't get any more caveman than that!!!!!

So you have done it once - it is a legal drug - you just have to do it again.  It has taken this long to get permission from the missus for the amount of training that Ironman takes but here I am again and booked into THE OUTLAW.  It has been 3 years sure, but I am fighting  back and I WILL beat my 14 hours - if it kills me.

Watch this space for my weekly updates - the highs, the lows, the tranining, the nutrition, the stupidiness and of course the glory...

Let me know what you are up to on the Triathlon scene and I hope this blogs helps inspire you and motivate you towards achieving your Triathlon Dream - there is nothing better

Triathlon Trev
Train Hard, Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment